time no longer makes sense!!! this is the #stayhome life. april was very busy and productive and borderline workaholic.ballet classes started via zoomand that took up a big chunk of my time. mostly because i was in charge of setting everything up, notifying parents, etc etc etc. (for those who don’t know, my parents own a ballet studio!)
蒂芙尼,breana, and i also starteda pen pal project!meetwritten connections。the idea was to match people around the world as a way to connect others during this time of isolation, and also to支持USPS.。little did we know it would take很多时间和能量。切:15 +小时的匹配的人,10 +个小时of emails, THEN rematching those who bailed out, THEN!!! rematching AGAIN for those who initially confirmed then bailed out. ultimately, it’s been a Process™ but it also makes me really happy so,,, there we have it.
i also baked A LOT.my sister教我如何通过faceti使牛奶面包me and i’ve made many loaves since. i’m honestly proud of myself because i’ve come a LONG WAY. my bread is solid and we’ll be using up the 50 lbs of bread flour we got. :’)
ummm what!! i cannot believe that april is ALMOST OVER – this month pretty much flew by for me. school has been keeping me pretty busy (in a good way i guess), but i’m so so ready for the school year to be overrrr. my last day of classes is may 4, and then i have finals the week after that!
i’ve been trying to take a walk every day but honestly i’m just inside most of the time (as i probably should be anyway!). also i’m trying to work out regularly hahaha, my go-tos are chloe ting’s10 min toned arms workoutand her10 min standing abs workout因为这些相对容易/低影响，并且不需要任何设备。我还刚刚订购了健身垫，所以我终于可以尝试一些其他的锻炼！
i HAVE been actually practicing lettering quite a bit! i’ve always liked and wanted to be good at lettering hahaha but i’ve never really had the discipline to practice regularly. recently i’ve just been really enjoying lettering song lyrics and bible verses and playing around with different styles! i also just decided to start aninstagramto track my progress, so go follow and show some loveeee
四月felt simultaneously非常short and非常长。
本月发现的最好的事情之一是应用程序慢慢地。the app basically allows you to meet digital pen pals based on your interests, and the letters take a certain amount of time to arrive, depending on how far away from your penpal you are! i’ve met some lovely people, and it’s been wonderful to talk about the books i’m reading, tv shows, etc with people who share the same interests! the app is so cute and it made me feel very connected this month.
我上个月读了一（1）本书A H A.但是3月份比零好！我正在努力更加原谅。那说，我终于结束了Chain of Gold!!it took a while but we made it. i’m debating if i should write a review since i have Thoughts but i alwayssayi’ll write a review then procrastinate to the point where i forget everything in the book. so, we’ll see.
a little unrelated but!! i discovered这个网站叫做书店that lets you purchase books online while supporting indie bookstores!!!!! it’s my new go-to for buying books. unfortunately, it’s US only right now.
for movies,iwatched little women! finally!! (like priscilla lol) it made me VERY emotional and it’s become one of my favorite movies ever. the hype? i get it. go watch it PLEASE. it also makes me want to watch more films and become a film hoe. and also like, live in a cottage in 1800 america.
lol OKAY so i binged love is blind as well as tiger king with my friend because i’m a sucker for the hype – i did enjoy love is blind tbh but tiger king was kinda just a hot mess and i feel like i didn’t need that in my life hahaha. as mentioned earlier, i’m now watching parks and rec and really enjoying it! everyone is so quirky and silly and i love the interactions between the characters!
also i FINALLY watched little women and i loved it!!! the characters were all so adorable and ahhh these were my three favorite scenes (spoiler alert!!):
- when jo and laurie are on the hill, i mean this scene is just iconic
- 当jo和marmee正在谈话和乔比那样“我觉得我会说是”和marmee就像“但是你爱他”，她回答“我很孤独......:(（我只是想被爱“ - 努力打击
- when laurie comes back and tells jo he’s engaged, it’s just like OOF
至于书籍，我开始重新读哈利波特，但随后在所有忙碌中起床 - 肯定会在接下来的几个星期/几个月内恢复并完成系列！
i mostly listened to a LOT of podcasts during april. i listened up to episode 92 of Potterless which means i am officially almost caught up (only about 20-30 episodes left to go lol…so maybe i’m notthatcaught up). i also got into My Brother, My Brother, and Me. it’s so funny, and great for listening to while i run. goodness knows i need a good laugh these days!
as always, i love watchingbon appetit’s youtube channel, and it brought me so much joy to see the chef’s doing their best working from home. i discovered a new favorite in sohla this month, and brad’s children are the most adorable thing.
finally, i started watching Outer Banks on netflix just a few days ago, and i’m enjoying the drama more than i would like to admit.
here’s my spotify playlist for my favorite songs of the month:
may! there’s really not much happening lol. we’ll likely stay in quarantine and continue zoom classes etc etc. but either way, here are some things i’m hoping to do/accomplish:
- grind all the written connections things !!
- bake more – milk bread, BAGELS, sesame balls???
- continue uploading weekly youtube videos and blog posts
- try something new? i want to do a sort of challenge, but not sure what yet
- take more walks
- try to find balance between work, relax, self care, and all of the above
MAY PLEASE COME FASTER!! i am 110% ready to be d o n e with school. i still need to get through finals and all the end-of-semester projects, but i’m excited to have a lot more time for myself.
some goals for may:
- ACTUALLY BLOG MORE. i promise i will!! my goal is 2 posts during may, not including wrap-ups :’)
- keep working out! my goal is to do AT LEAST one 10 min workout every day because that’s so doable!! but i also might try one of chloe ting’s 2 week challenges hmmm
- keep studying korean – i really want to stay sharp with my korean esp since i won’t really be speaking it over the summer. for me, this means going throughttmik在韩语（!!）中阅读Webtoons的课程，并抬头看着我不知道的话，也看着K-Dramas！我正在考虑在你身上观看崩溃或回复1988年，但下面的建议/建议！
i’m honestly so looking forward to may – let’s make it a good month!!
i have a few goals for the month of may:
- stay focused on schoolwork and have a strong end to my high school career! i don’t want to stress myself out though; there’s literally no point, given that this is my senior spring.
- maybe start working on a new writing WIP hmmm. i’ve been cogitating on a new idea for the past week or so, and i’d like to start plotting and brainstorming a bit more. i’d really like to write a draft of a novel-length project in the coming months to challenge myself and stay sharp with those #writingskillz.
- read 8-10 books! i know i can do it; i just have to use the time i’d otherwise spend on my phone/watching tv. hopefully, my local library will open up soon and i will be able to check out some physical books!
- run at least 150 miles. i’m hoping my motivation to run will stay for the month of may and i can stay in shape until i take a break for a little while at the end of may/beginning of june.
- plan a graduation celebration with my family — i want to decorate our backyard and have a lil party with my family to celebrate graduating high school!! hopefully i will have pictures to share in the june wrap-up post (my graduation is in early june)!