background image via谁不说嘘图书馆管理员
yesterday there was some drama going on about bloggers vs. booktubers. it mostly exploded because ofthis video，which was a discussion between booktubing and book blogging. i wasn’t online during the drama, but i felt it was appropriate to voice in my opinions with this topic floating about.
一世think both the book blogging and booktubing community work very hard in their own ways. saying one is superior over the other is rude and false because, really peoples, we’re here to share our love for books – whichever platform we decide to use.一世see no difference between book blogging or booktubing except one creates videos while the other creates blog posts.到最后，我们都创造本书相关的内容，这是主要的目的/重要组成部分。怎么样我们实际上执行的是次要的细节。
reasons why i love booktube:
- 一世wouldn’t have started blogging/bookstagram if i hadn’t discovered booktube.这一切开始时，我的朋友共享christine’s sea of monsters movie reviewwith me. i’d found her videos hilarious and looking through her other videos,they were all book related。本书共享上网是thing。
- they are promoting books!!!真的，我们正在分享的书籍我们的爱。不应该说是唯一重要的事情???
- 一世t feels like i actuallyknowthe person.sometimes with blogging, it’s hard to visualize the author – the way they speak, look, act, etc. some people (like myself) like the small sense of anonymity of blogging. but as audience members, it’s more reassuring to know the person behind the opinions.
- videos are easier for me to multitask (especially bookish videos).there will be times when i’m getting ready in the morning or eating or exercising or doing某物that is much easier through a video. i don’thaveto watch the person talk; i only need to hear what they’re saying.
- 最后，它只是一个个人喜好;就像读一本实体书与电子书有声读物对比。books are books! reviews are reviews! book people are book people! all this unnecessary drama is really… unnecessary.
so obviously, i love booktube and booktubers. they’re book people and book people are awesome. end of story. ish. as much as i enjoy booktube, i would always choose blogging over it (as a platform一世会用我自己）。没有错;只是个人喜好。声音喜欢我自相矛盾，但是我保证我不是。
reasons why i would never want to booktube:
- putting my face and voice on the interwebs SCARE ME.我爱bloggi mysterious-ness和匿名的ng. you know me, but you don’t其实know me (as in how i look/sound). people are always quick to judge you at first sight, but with blogging people judge your thoughts before they can judge your face. which makes me feel like,thatmuch better.
- filming, in general, makes me uncomfortable.also filming at home, where my parents can hear me, makes me uncomfortable. they’re usually not nosey, but it’s awkward when they barge in while i’m filming and ask, “are you talking to someone?” (this actually happened because i originally wanted to booktube before i discovered blogging)
- editing takes me ages.一世would know because i tried editing once and UGH. i found it dreadful and my computer would heat up like crazy. also imovie would crash. WHYYYYYYY.
- videos also take up a lot of memory.一世have a macbook air that is constantly running out of space, so yeah, that won’t work. unless i buy a new computer with a lot of RAM, doesn’t lag,anda good editing software. likethat’sgoing to happen.
both communities are incredible in their own way. let’s spread and cherish our love for books!! because that’s the real reason why we’re here. not for arcs or sponsorships or other things people are arguing about.
what are your thoughts on booktube? who are your favorite booktubers? let me know in the comments!